Welcome to my ecology and conservation research page!
My PhD focuses on using remote sensing methods within the framework of the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems. The aim of this research is to expand the capacity of current risk assessments by taking advantage of the non-invasive, efficient, and low-cost nature of remotely sensed information.
My research interests include developing tools necessary for spatially-explicit conservation decisions, ecosystem disturbance-recovery dynamics, and ecosystem monitoring using remote sensing methods.
I am also interested in looking for ways to more successfully incorporate environmental issues into policy making.
Prior to my PhD, I was a research intern working at the Institute of Zoology and Natural History Museum in London, investigating the use of multibeam sonar in kelp monitoring around the British Isles. Before that, I was a Masters student at based at the Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research, University College London, the Institute of Zoology, and the London Natural History Museum.
- Ecological Society of Australia (ESA, 2018 – )
- Society for Conservation Biology (SCB, 2018 – )
- Red List of Ecosystems Thematic Group, IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM, 2017 – )
- The Society for Risk Analysis (SRA, 2017 – )
Conferences & workshops
- 2018, Brisbane, Australia, Ecological Society of Australia annual conference
- 2018, Sydney, Australia, Australian Saltmarsh and Mangrove Research Network
- 2018, Melbourne, Australia, Victoria Biodiversity Conference
- 2018, Melbourne, Australia, Advanced Scientific Programming in Python (Asia Pacific)
- 2017, Melbourne, Australia, Society for Risk Analysis Australia and New Zealand and Australasian Bayesian Network Modeling Society conference (Best student presentation)
- 2017, Melbourne, Australia, Structure decision making workshop by Prof. Mark Burgman
- 2017, Melbourne, Australia, Bayesian networks workshop
- 2016, London, UK, Space – the final frontier for biodiversity monitoring?, Zoological Society of London (Runner-up prize for poster)
- 2017-Now: PhD Candidate at Deakin University
- 2015-2016: MRes Biodiversity, Evolution and Conservation, University College London
- 2012-2015: BSc (Hons) Zoology, University College London